- Due to the very compact dimensions of the KTI Underground Chiller, it can be easily transported down through the mine shaft be used. The robust steel frame with protective housing also allows transport underground through the mine to any "hotspot" where cooling is required.
- The weather cooling machine is used as turnkey solution delivered. Only the water connections and the power supply must be connected on site.
- Thanks to its redundancy, the KTI Underground Chiller offers a exceptional efficiency and reliability. Three semi-hermetic piston compressors with the mexxFlow valve plate system® guarantee a constant supply of the required refrigeration capacity.
- Likewise, the Efficiency around 15% higher compared to conventional reciprocating compressors.
- The operation takes place via a waterproof switching and control unitwhich is equipped with a color touch control monitor. Via a TCP/IP connection it is possible to Remote access the plant is controlled.
- The KTI Underground Chiller heat exchangers are designed for contaminated, abrasive and corrosive water laid out.
- The KTI Underground Chiller has a high pollution factor, the is three times higher than the industry standard.
- The KTI Underground Chiller carries all the water in the heat exchanger tubes and is therefore easy to clean.
- The KTI Underground Chiller meets the ASME and BGR 500 regulations and instructions.
- The KTI Underground Chiller comes as Plug-and-play variant and is immediately ready for operation.
- The KTI Underground Chiller can be used due to the Compactness in almost all mines be used.
The performance and reliability has always convinced our customers and with the Underground Chiller KTI has once again developed a product that has been missing for a long time. The Underground Chiller is also a perfect complement to KTI's plate ice plants used for surface mine cooling.
|Cooling capacity||300 - 550 kW|
|Water outlet temperature||4 °C|
|Water inlet temperature||17 °C|
|Certification||CE, CSA, UL compliant; others possible|
|Compressor||Piston compressor, semi-hermetic|
|Condenser||water-cooled, CuNi tube bundle|
|Evaporator||Shell and tube evaporator (CuNi)|
|Operating mode||Flooded, sprayed|
|Power supply||50 or 60 Hz, special voltage possible|
|Engine room||Frame installation with integrated control cabinet|
|Control||Siemens PLC, color touch screen|